Monday, March 01, 2010

MARCH READING GROUPS

March is upon us and a whole new month for reading lies ahead. Because I read so much, getting together and discussing books is a big dose of relief for me. Reading is such a solitary pursuit. I used to be disappointed when one of my groups would pick a book I had already read, meaning that I did not have that book to look forward to in the coming month. I have changed my mind. It is always good for me to talk with other readers about a book I have read, whether recently or months ago.

I attend five reading groups and recently three of those groups picked The Elegance of the Hedgehog. I have attended two of those discussions so far and I am seeing more clearly than ever before how each group has its own personality because of the members and what they bring to the discussion. Fascinating!

Here is the line up for March. If some of you live in other towns or don't like reading groups, but have read any of these books, I would be delighted to find out how you liked the book or books. Feel free to leave a comment. The Comments are easy to use. Just click the button and you will easily see what to do.


 

Tuesday, March 9; 7:00 pm
Montrose, CA
The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Burbery


 
 

Thursday, March 18; 7:30 pm
One Book At A Time
Meeting at Mi Casita, Sunland, CA
Contact for info: Lisa
The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold


 
 

Monday, March 22; 7:00 pm
Toluca Lake, CA
The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde


 
 

Wednesday, March 24; 8:00 am
Once Upon A Time Mystery Discussion w/ tea and scones
Montrose, CA
Christine Falls, by Benjamin Black


 
 

Wednesday, March 24; 7:30 pm
Bookie Babes
Barnes & Noble, Burbank, CA
The Yiddish Policemen's Union, by Michael Chabon


HAPPY READING

No comments:

Post a Comment