Wednesday, March 02, 2016

BOOKS READ IN FEBRUARY









So many days February has for such a short month: Valentines Day, Presidents Day, and even Leap Day this year. Often February is dreary, cold, and rainy but this year we had record highs almost everyday here in the Los Angeles area with birdsong and trees leafing out and flowers blooming. 

Once again I read 11 books. One was a memoir written and published by my friend Alice Zogg, whose mysteries I have reviewed here at Keep The Wisdom. Her memoir was for family and friends only so I will not be reviewing it but I was honored to be given a copy and even got a mention in the book. I will say this: you don't really know a person until you read their memoir!

I also read Anatomy of Gray, a one-act play in which my talented granddaughter will be playing the lead role in her high school theater department's spring production. 

Stats: 11 books read. 8 fiction, 1 non-fiction, 7 by women, 1 drama, 1 memoir, 3 from my 1962 Big Fat Reading Project list, 1 translated.

Favorites: Breakdown, The Vegetarian, Mockingjay

Here are the 8 books not mentioned above:












Shop Indie Bookstores



What good books did you read in February?

9 comments:

  1. Once again, a very impressive list. And in only 29 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy. I needed that extra day or the count would have been 10.

      Delete
  2. I'm always in awe of how much you read. If only I could...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have someone in awe of me. Just remember, my kids are grown and gone, I am retired, and I don't watch TV. It is just what I do. Actually, my whole life, I had plans for what I would do when I got old. Reading was one of them and now I can read as much as I want. It is pretty cool.

      Delete
  3. Hello my dear Judy. Wow, congratulations to your talented granddaughter ;) Oh Lord, Judy, I'm so ashamed to admit it but I have only read "The Peculiar Life of a Lonely Postman" by Denis Thériault. In January I read "Rosa Candida" In English "The Greenhouse" by Auður Ava Ólafsdóttir (which I reviewed already).
    You know when I retire I'm gonna be like you. Have a nice weekend.

    BTW, love this flower picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reading update! Why be ashamed? You are reading books. Many many people never read one book. I actually thought of you when I picked that flower picture.

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh dear, ohhhh that is so touching... how sweet you are Judy. Yes! I should read more Judy, before I used to read 4-5 books per month. Now only 1. I have a huge pile of books, including the China Dolls by Lisa See... But sometimes I feel so exhausted. Have a lovely weekend

      Delete
  4. I look forward to your thoughts on these books as usual. Tell me is that a real photo of flowers in bloom now? That's not your yard right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a real photo but an image from the Net. I wish I had tulips like that in my yard but the ground squirrels would eat the bulbs and the peacocks would trample them down or eat the flowers. It is kind of wild where I live.

      Delete