Saturday, October 01, 2016

BOOKS READ IN SEPTEMBER









Welcome to my summary of reading in September. Mostly here in the Los Angeles region it was hot, dry, and windy. Not for us the lovely cooling, the turning leaves, the harvest time. You just keep watering your property within allowed limits, run the air conditioner, and give thanks for earlier sunsets. Then there is the on-going insanity of my country's presidential election season which ramped up along with the heat. No wonder I have only read fiction for the past three months.

I read 10 books and liked them all.

Stats: 10 books read. 10 fiction. 6 written by women. 1 crime-historical. 3 from My Big Fat Reading Project. 1 Western-historical. 2 translated.

Favorites: Sweet Lamb of Heaven, Epitaph
Least favorite: None




Have you read any of these? If so, do you have a review other readers can link to? What good books did you read in September? 

10 comments:

  1. It looks like a good mixture of styles and genres. I'm always in awe at how much you can read in a month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasant mix. I can read that much because it is my main activity everyday. Retirement has been good for me! But I am always happy to create awe in others-:)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you didn't have any that you felt you had to rate "enjoyed least". The best books I read in September were cookbooks.

    But at least I have the cooling temps and autumn's beauty to console me. I really don't think I could live in the south, at least not in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in a temperate climate with long cold snowy winters. I don't miss them. The Southwest has its own beauty and I have grown to love it. But the end of summer/early fall heat does make me cranky. Thanks for your comment Debbie. Lovely to have you.

      Delete
  3. Your Sept. reads look like a colorful array of books. Epitaph looks like a good western. I was just at the OK Corral in March in Arizona, how funny! Very cool. I guess I liked Underground Airlines for Sept. but didn't get to much b/c of my travels. Enjoy October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epitaph was like the most exciting history of the old west in novel form. I forgot you were there. My husband will be reading it next, then we are going to watch the movies about it, and have decided our next road trip will take us there. I enjoyed your review of Underground Airlines, especially because I am reading The Underground Railroad now. They would be good companion books I think.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12:36 PM

    I haven't read any of these books however it is great to hear you enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these books, but I'm happy to know that you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete