Tuesday, December 06, 2016

DECEMBER READING GROUP UPDATE









In December, all manner of different things take place during my reading group meetings: a special outing to a restaurant, a potluck dinner at my house, voting on our favorite book of the year, wild book exchanges, and even sometimes literary games. I have already made chocolate pie for a group this past Sunday and I am making another one for tomorrow night. Time to eat, drink, and be merrily literary! But we also read and discuss a book...usually.


Tina's Group:

Shop Indie Bookstores



Laura's Group:

Shop Indie Bookstores



One Book At A Time:

Shop Indie Bookstores
 



Tiny Book Club:

Shop Indie Bookstores



Are you having any bookish parties this month? 
 

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:29 PM

    No bookish parties for me - yours sound great - however my church book group are meeting on Monday to discuss The Screwtape Letters by C S Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good book for Christmas!

      Delete
  2. How exciting, Linda. December reading is fab. I particularly like John Irving. I'm looking forward to reading those book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. But my name is Judy! Linda is my sister. I am glad to know of another John Irving fan. I love him!!

      Delete
    2. Please accept my apologies! You make me think of another reader. The same day I posted a message on her blog and I called her Judy.

      Delete
    3. That is delightful and funny. No apology required. You gave me my first laugh of the day!

      Delete
  3. No bookish parties for me and our lone book group seems to be silently dissolving. :-(

    Great book choices again this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that about your book group:-(
      Welcome to the party at Keep the Wisdom!

      Delete
  4. It's so good to hear about your literary parties! I hope you have a great reading month, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. Headed to a book club xmas gathering tonight at a posh restaurant. We will discuss The Beauty of Humanity Movement, a quiet but interesting read. set in Hanoi. You're doing 2 Patchett books for separate groups? Overdose? The Coates book is in-your-face, full-on, tell-me-what-you-think! Glad I got to it though. Enjoy your groups & pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had fun tonight. I actually read Commonwealth last month. Even so, it would be hard for me to OD on Patchett. The pie was out of this world.

      Delete