Sunday, May 05, 2019

MAY READING GROUP UPDATE






I had a satisfying month of reading groups in April. Tina's Group had a mostly favorable opinion of As I Lay Dying with only one dissenter. At One Book At A Time everyone became a fan of Toni Morrison after reading and discussing The Bluest Eye. I missed the discussion at Carol's Group of Once Upon A River but the other two members were enchanted by the novel. The Bookie Babes mostly liked Nineteen Minutes but I had to behave myself because I really did not. You will be seeing my review in a day or so.

This month is full with 5 of my 6 groups meeting. But I have already read three of the books so I am in good shape: The Weight of Ink, Washington Black and Killers of the Flower Moon. They are all good books for discussion.

Carol's Group:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
 
Tiny Book Club: 
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
 
Molly's Group:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
 
One Book At A Time:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
 
Bookie Babes:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org 
 
 
What are your groups discussing this month? Have you had a particularly great discussion recently?

18 comments:

  1. Normally I don't have any copies of your book choices - but this time I do! I have a copy of 'Killers of the Flower Moon' in one of my TBR piles. I'll look forward to your review...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see my review right now because I have already read it. Just click on the link in the second paragraph. I liked it!

      Delete
  2. May looks to be a busy month for you with some great books to read and discuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of meetings. Glad to see you back in the swing yourself!

      Delete
  3. I'm about to start Where the Crawdads Sing for our next book club meeting. All they hype has me a little worried though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reporting in JoAnn. I know what you mean about hype but two of my trusted reading friends have liked it and one of them just lent me her copy. Perhaps our reviews will cross.

      Delete
  4. Looks like some great reads!!

    Interesting side note, but I was just at the Bay Area Book Festival in Berkeley, California this past weekend (May 4th and May 5th). Yesterday, I heard both Tayari Jones and Esi Edugyan speak together at the Bay Area Book Festival and came away with signed books by both women (including Washington BlacK).

    I am pooped out from a fun filled weekend @ the Bay Area Book Festival. But I will be posting about my adventures in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if you went to that festival. I am happy for you. I'll bet that was a good discussion with those two authors. I liked both of their books so much. I look forward to your posts.

      Delete
  5. Looks like some great reads for this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am eagerly looking forward to the discussions!

      Delete
  6. These books look so interesting. I have been thinking of reading Killers of the Flower Moon myself. I am also jealous of the number of books that you you are reading:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Killers of the Flower Moon is quite a book. I think you would like it.

      Delete
  7. This month, my church's book club are meeting to discuss Love Wins by Rob Bell. I have already finished it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good thing that you have already read some of them. I'll be reading Washington Black in the next two or three months. Right now I'm reading Warlight and enjoying it thus far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know about your reading!

      Delete
  9. Sisters in Law looks good. I'd be interested to know about that one. Thumbs up on Washington Black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw On the Basis of Sex last night. Sisters in Law should fit right in. Washington Black was so good. I wonder what the group will think.

      Delete