Saturday, December 31, 2016

BOOKS READ IN DECEMBER









December may have been my best reading month this year. Despite the parties, the holiday preps, and some long fat books, I read 10! I had hoped to wrap up the 1962 list for My Big Fat Reading Project but alas I only read two of those and still have eight to go. Instead I have spent the days after Christmas reading from my towering TBR stacks and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Except for one that was only tolerable, I loved every other book I read. I had hoped to get reviews posted for all the December books by tonight. That did not happen either. I was reading! 

Stats: 10 read. Fiction: 10. Written by women: 7. Reread: 1. Historical (at least partially): 3. Mystery/thriller: 2. Translated: 1. Big Fat Reading Project books: 2.
Favorites: Moonglow, Swing Time, The Story of the Lost Child.
Least favorite: Something Wicked This Way Comes.


11 comments:

  1. That's an impressive list, with several favorites of mine included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy. It is almost as if we made our reading lists together this month!

      Delete
    2. Great minds think alike! :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm marveling: how did you get all that read?! Those are thick reads too. You were on a roll for sure. My mind was quite scattered in Dec. but hopefully Jan. will be better for reading! Still I was glad for Behold the Dreamers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was cold and rainy and most of the distractions were in the first two weeks for me. Plus, it helps when the books are great!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea. That is a lot to go through in two months. I am happy to hear that you found the right books!

      Delete
    2. Well I rarely share personal stuff....you know me by now.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:21 AM

    It is great to hear you fitted so much reading into a busy December. Over the holidays I enjoyed some books I had been looking forward to, including The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie which was my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, especially for including your fav of the month!

      Delete