2010 was a great reading year for me. I started out with a resolution to read more books in a year than I ever had before and I did it! I read 160 books. Last year I found a blog by a woman who read a book a day for an entire year. I wish! Maybe someday.
I completed the reading lists for 1957 and 1958 as part of My Big Fat Reading Project. I am excited that in 2011 I will move into the 1960s.
I wrote 10 paid reviews for BookBrowse.com.
I made lots of new reading friends in real life and on the internet and Keep The Wisdom had more hits than any earlier year.
So without any more bragging or boring statistics, here is my list of the best books I read this year:
- Little Big, John Crowley
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, David Wroblewski
- The Small Rain, Madeleine L'Engle
- Darwin's Children, Greg Bear
- 36 Arguments for the Existence of God, Rebecca Goldstein
- Paradise of the Blind, Duong Thu Huong
- Rebel Yell, Alice Randall
- The Yiddish Policemen's Union, Michael Chabon
- Breath, Eyes, Memory, Edwidge Danticat
- The Surrendered, Chang-rae Lee
- The Long Song, Andrea Levy
- Rat, Fernanda Eberstadt
- Telex From Cuba, Rachel Kushner
- The Furies, Fernanda Eberstadt
- The Windup Girl, Paolo Bacigalupi
- Rock Paper Tiger, Lisa Brackman
- The Winthrop Woman, Anya Seton
- Await Your Reply, Dan Chaon
- The Wind Done Gone, Alice Randall
- In the Woods, Tana French
- Room, Emma Donoghue
- The Dharma Bums, Jack Kerouc
- My Hollywood, Mona Simpson
- The Snakewoman of Little Egypt, Robert Hellenga
- Just Kids, Patti Smith
I hope your reading for the year was as enjoyable as mine and wish you a fantastic year of reading in 2011. Thanks so much to all who visit and read the blog and an extra special thanks to those who leave comments.