Tuesday, April 01, 2014

APRIL READING GROUP UPDATE







Don't know where March went. But it is over and that is no April Fool's joke. My reading lesson in March was that I am not a rereader. I know some people are and some writing instructors say you can learn to write better by rereading a book you loved and figuring out what made it so great. When I reread, I usually find the magic is gone. This was not true when I was a kid. Then I read my favorite books over and over. Now I sit there restlessly looking at all the not yet read books on my shelves and wanting to read them! So there!!

Here is the line up for April:


The New Book Club:   







Once Upon A Time Adult Fiction Group:







One Book At A Time:








Bookie Babes:






Tina's Group:






There you have it. I wasn't able to get the book links from Indiebound today. Some glitch on the site. 
 
I WON'T be rereading The Power and the Glory (read in 2002 and loved it) or Orphan Train (read last month), but I will attend the meetings and discuss. I am looking forward to the James Baldwin and to The Liars' Club.

How do you feel about rereading books?


2 comments:

  1. I like rereading if I really liked the book. I detach myself enough as to make it "a new experience" the second time around; in other words, I don't rush the story in order to anticipate what I know happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen. I like your viewpoint.

      Delete