Friday, July 01, 2005

Maiden Voyage to Blogdom

Whew! I made it. I have arrived in the universe of blogs. A little bleary eyed, a little shy. Will I be cool enough to be a blogger? Made it through blogging for dummies thanks to blogger.com. Everything is new and subject to change, but I have a mini profile and a blog name. Still have to learn how to get anyone to come and read the thing and how to do links and all that stuff.

Anyway, welcome to my blog. It will be mostly about books that I am reading, have read or want to read. Today I am reading The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. So far it is wonderful. It is obviously written either by or in the voice of a fairly young man. That is fine because I like young men. It takes place in Barcelona, Spain, which is where my lovely artist niece just spent a semester. Her name is Elizabeth and she designed the cover for my latest CD, but I digress.

I am also in the middle of The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles, a sad and somewhat disturbing book. I will finish it but first I have to finish the above book for a reading group meeting on Tuesday night.

OK, this is just a short post to get the blog rolling. More to come soon.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:34 PM

    Welcome to blogdom. After "To Blog, or not to Blog...," the answer, of course, was to blog.

    If Robert Heinlein was around (is he?) he might be blogging. (Stranger in a Strange Blog?)

    I do not blog yet, though my son is a big-time blogger.

    Blog on oh wise one! Keep the blogdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:22 PM

    Glad you made it. I will add your blog's links to my "favorites."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:08 AM

    Finally, I have a good reason to look into this blog thing, my Mom!

    Good luck and have fun.

    I will help you get more easily found on the web if you want, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:29 PM

    Judy, I just spent the last ten minutes of my day reading your blog. What a nice way to end the work day! Congratulations! I hope you're putting some of these in the Book Club box. Hopefully, I can keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:09 PM

    Judy ..... Enjoyed reading your bloging.
    See you tomrrow. Just to let you know,
    it was 103 here today but will cool down
    tonight ( I hope )

    Have a Safe trip!

    ReplyDelete