Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A FEW COMMENTS

Doris Lessing won the Nobel Prize for literature and I say Excellent; it's about time. Since I have been reading her books in chronological order, I feel a bit of a connection with her these days. According to her (and I don't blame her), it would have been nicer if it had happened sooner.

The Thirteenth Tale, by Diane Setterfield won best first novel in the Quill Awards. Now, I don't have a lot of respect for this award; it mostly seems like literature light, but I loved The Thirteenth Tale and I am happy for her that she got the recognition. The book just came out in paperback and is flying off the shelf at Once Upon A Time, the bookstore where I work.

I am working on my chapter for 1951 and as usual it is taking longer than I planned, so I will post about some recent fiction that I've been reading over the past months.

No comments:

Post a Comment