Saturday, November 21, 2009

THE LACUNA

The Lacuna, Barbara Kingsolver, HarperCollins Publishers, 2009, 507 pp


My review of Barbara Kingsolver's latest and wonderful novel is now on-line at BookBrowse. I am going to post an excerpt here, but I must make it clear that I completely loved the book and admired it and think that any criticisms you might read in other reviews are ridiculous. Feel free to let me know your opinion if you have also read it. If you haven't, read it!

"The title of this novel is also its continuous imagery. A lacuna is a blank gap, a missing part...a hole, a vacancy. Harrison Shepherd (the main character) is haunted by lacunae. He discovers them, he is tortured by them, and ultimately it appears he is saved by one."
Read the full review here.


(The Lacuna is available in hardcover on the shelf at Once Upon A Time Bookstore.)

No comments:

Post a Comment