Wednesday, August 04, 2010

RAT






Rat, Fernanda Eberstadt, Alfred A Knopf, 2010, 293 pp


 One of the best things about being a reviewer for BookBrowse Magazine is that I am exposed to books I might not have encountered on my own. Rat is an example. I loved it so much that I am now reading the amazing Fernanda Eberstadt's other novels. She is a unique and fearless novelist. 

  Rat is the nickname of Celia, daughter of a single mother, sister to an adopted brother and intrepid teen living in the Pyrenees Orientale region of France. This is the story of how she defied her loving but slightly crazy mom and went off to find her father. My review begins:

      "Once in a while a book comes along that I simply love. I sink into the story and am carried away for hours into another world and another life. I reach the end feeling that I have been on vacation. Rat  did that for me." Read the rest here.


(Rat is available in hardcover by order from Once Upon A Time Bookstore.)

No comments:

Post a Comment