Tuesday, November 01, 2016

BOOKS READ IN OCTOBER









I had a stellar reading month in October! 

Stats: 13 books read. All fiction. 8 written by women. 2 historical fiction. 1 children's lit. 1 drama. 2 retellings of classics. 3 translated. 4 from My Big Fat Reading Project 1962 list.

Favorites: Commonwealth, Hag-Seed, The Big Green Tent, Eligible, The Wolves of Willoughby Chase.
Least favorite: Pale Fire




Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores
 


Which were your favorite books read in October? Did you read any you did not like? My Halloween read was We Have Always Lived in the Castle. Did you have a Halloween read?

12 comments:

  1. As always, an impressive list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy. I impressed my own self this month.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad October was such a good month for you! I would like to read Commonwealth and Hag-Seed, but most of the other books you read sound interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! I can highly recommend both of the ones you want to read. If you have not read Joan Aiken's Willoughby books, I am sure you would like them.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could read as much as you do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep wishing! It worked for me back when I could never read as much as I wanted.

      Delete
  4. Wow this is a wonderful array of books. You picked some great ones for Oct. I'm mostly curious about The Big Green Tent b/c you sounded especially thrilled about that one. I will list it on my TBR. I did enjoy Eligible for some laughs in the summer when I did the audio. My 2nd Sittenfeld book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got lucky last month! My review of The Big Green Tent will be up in a few days. I loved it and I bet you will too. Definitely Eligible was good for the LOLs!

      Delete
  5. Wow what an impressive list Judy ; )
    I haven't been reading as much lately due to my getting distracted by personal things....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Personal things and reading do not always go well together. I hope those things are better soon.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Great to hear you had such a stellar reading month :-D I didn't have a Halloween read but through out the month I was reading dark fantasy and mysteries for the R.I.P reading event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Perhaps you had a Halloween month! I even got some ideas from you.

      Delete