Friday, September 24, 2010

BACK FROM THE REDWOODS



VACATION REPORT

My husband and I just spent the past five days in Northern California, celebrating our 30th anniversary amongst the redwoods. 


Redwood trees are big; I am small.


 With the aid of my trekking poles and lots of training before we left, I am proud to say that I managed a 6 mile hike with 500 feet elevation through the Gold Bluff Canyons at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.

 Perfect final anniversary dinner at Chez Panisse in Berkeley


 Before we left I started reading Alice Waters and Chez Panisse by Thomas McNamee, the wild and revealing story of how Alice Waters created her unique restaurant. I did not get very far in the book because it seems I don't read much on road trips. Now that we have been and experienced a meal, the book means more.

 We had a fabulous time and Somehow are more in love than ever. I'll be back on the blog tomorrow with the regularly scheduled program.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:24 PM

    That's so wonderful. Happy Belated Anniversary to you both.

    Love,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete