Sunday, February 05, 2017

FEBRUARY READING GROUP UPDATE









I got a bit behind on blogging this week. I spent a good deal of time reading, hanging out with friends and seeing movies. All worthwhile activities in these insane times. Reading groups are more wonderful than ever for me right now because getting together with real live people and discussing books is the needed antidote for my compulsion to read and follow the news. The news makes me feel crazy. The people and discussions bring me back to sanity.

It is going to be an interesting month with the groups. And believe it or not I have joined another group: The Literary Snobs! We are a start-up group this month, we are small with just three members, and we are dedicated to reading books written only by Nobel Prize winners. New reading groups are subject to all kinds of attrition so we will see what happens.


Laura's Group:

Shop Indie Bookstores



One Book At A Time:

Shop Indie Bookstores
  



Molly's Group:

Shop Indie Bookstores



Bookie Babes:

Shop Indie Bookstores
  



Literary Snobs:



What are your reading groups reading in February?

8 comments:

  1. What an interesting mix. I envy your ability to participate in so many groups. I found I couldn't even do justice to one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me Dorothy, they are my social life. I have many friends in these groups and this way I see them at least once a month or so. This year I have decided if I have no interest at all in one of the books, I won't read it, but usually I find most of our reads fully worthwhile.

      Delete
  2. How exciting yet another reading group! Have fun! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am nuts. We will see how it goes.

      Delete
  3. I love all your groups! I should live near L.A. ha. Though I'm not sure I'd make the cut for the Literary Snobs. Another Alice Hoffman, eh? Sadly my book group up here is seemingly falling apart. We haven't met since Dec. and people have moved away or are too busy. So I have no groups at the moment. And I literally can't watch the news, with that Trump henchman Spicer. Did you watch Saturday Night Live over the weekend? Oh my, a few of the sketches made my week. Thank goodness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be in a reading group with you! What is wrong with those people? I kind of took a break from the Donald this week. All the news is bad. So I read books!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new reading group. Small reading groups are very nice and know that you have as goal to read all books written only by Nobel prize winners, it delights me. So I'm looking forward to seeing your book reviews.
    The name of your reading group is really great... The Literary Snobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My friend and I have been talking about forming this group for many months. I hope we can keep it going.

      Delete