Sunday, April 02, 2017

BOOKS READ IN MARCH









So many special days in March: the first day of spring, St Patrick's Day, The Tournament of Books, and many family birthdays. Unfortunately my sciatica also made another appearance, the bright side of which is all the hours I spent lying on my back reading books.

I read 12 books, some chunksters and some short ones. 

Stats: 12 books read, 10 fiction, 4 by women, 2 nonfiction (1 biography), 3 mysteries, 2 about people of color/racism, 1 by a Nobel Prize winning author, 1 translated, 4 from My Big Fat Reading Project, 2 for Tournament of Books.

Favorites were Black Wave and Cat's Cradle.
Least favorite: A Man Called Ove.







Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores




Shop Indie Bookstores



How did your reading go in March? What were your favorite books? Did any not work for you?  

8 comments:

  1. Yikes Judy, I hope your sciatica will go away. That's a great total of books. I've been completing five a month this year though a couple might be audios. What is wrong with Ove -- too much saccharine or predictable or general reader-ish? I haven't read it. Not sure I've ever read Cat's Cradle .... perhaps a time for everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have a good trainer who understands the underlying cause, so I am hopeful. Ove was just not for me. Too formulaic, predictable and I did not like the writing. Everyone else in my reading group loved it. Cat's Cradle was LOL funny and sad at the same time, like Vonnegut usually is. Review coming soon.

      Delete
  2. So many books..! I look forward to your reviews, particularly the ones for Caravans and American Prometheus, as I would love to read both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those reviews are coming up this week and next.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:35 PM

    I hope your sciatica is better, however 12 books is a great amount to finish! My reading was down in March, with my favourite read being classic novella My Lady Ludlow by Elizabeth Gaskell; which was also my fiftieth and final book for The Classics Club :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am making progress, I guess. You and Helen like Gaskell so well, I must try her one day.

      Delete
  4. Oh Judy, so sorry to hear about the sciatica - so painful. You did have an excellent reading month (a few of those are on my wish list).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much can keep me from reading! Thanks for stopping by Diane.

      Delete