Wednesday, April 04, 2018

APRIL READING GROUP UPDATE





Adventures in discussing books continue this month. My only concern is the Jodi Picoult book because she is not exactly one of my go to authors, but The Bookie Babes is always top notch on discussions. We had a great one on In The Darkroom last month. 


Tina's Group:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
 
 
One Book At A Time:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
 
 
Bookie Babes:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org
 
 
Molly's Group:
Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org 
 
 
If you are in a reading group, what are you discussing in April? If not, have you recently read a book you think would make for a good discussion?

10 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I can't to read your thoughts on The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers as I really liked this book A LOT. It's the kind of novel that I wished I'd been able to discuss with a book group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of those books, but I hope you have some great discussions about them. I think The Second Mrs Hockaday sounds the most appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious to find out what The Second Mrs Hockaday is all about. I am sure all these books will make for good discussions.

      Delete
  3. I am curious to hear if Silver Sparrow is any good and if it'll match her book American Marriage. Hmm. I don't have any novels on my radar right now that would be good to discuss -- I'm caught up in nonfiction at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We chose Silver Sparrow because American Marriage is not in pb yet, a concern for some members. Nonfiction? Can't wait to hear about that! We watched Only the Brave the other night, on your recommendation. It was amazing!

      Delete
  4. Jodi Picoult's book may spark some discussion regardless of the topic because she always writes those ambivalent (both sides of the issue) stories. You have yet another Murdoch's to read this time around. I hope you enjoy it as well as the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about Jodi Picoult. I am sure I will enjoy the Iris Murdoch!

      Delete
  5. At the end of March, my church book club met for a lovely, albeit small, group discussion of the inspiring The Case for Grace by Lee Strobel. Now I am reading God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew for our next meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reading group update!

      Delete